Newomic forums

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Newomic forums   » Newomic Proposals   » Proposal: Ways to Win

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Proposal: Ways to Win
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 12, 2002 02:20 PM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Title: Ways to Win

Each of the following is a sufficient, but not necessary, condition for a player to win the game:

1. The player is the only active player for a period of no less than 30 days.

2. The player is able to demonstrate a paradox in the rules of the game. This means that the rules both require and prohibit a particular action on the player's part. If there is a dispute as to the legitimacy of the paradox, a vote will be taken and a 60% supermajority required in the player's favor in order to ensure a win.

--------------------
Rule 101: Everybody love Pupkin.

IP: Logged
sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted October 20, 2002 07:01 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I love this paradox idea but I think we should create a better system of judgement before this is passed. Perhaps we should create a rule to deal with arguments? A judge or election of some sort that could be called anytime.

SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 21, 2002 10:56 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I guess some kind of dispute resolution needs to be in place. I tend to disfavor anything which uses a single judge to make a decision. A majority-based system would work okay, but it's also not that interesting -- it would be neat to have something a little more convoluted so it can be manipulated.

--------------------
Rule 101: Everybody love Pupkin.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nomic Homepage