Newomic forums

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Newomic forums   » Newomic Proposals   » Proposal: Limited Number of Proposals

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Proposal: Limited Number of Proposals
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 12, 2002 02:16 PM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Title: Limited Number of Proposals

A single player may only have three proposals open for voting in the voting forum at any given time. This rule does not restrict the number of proposals that may be pending in the discussion forum, but those pending proposals cannot be moved to the voting forum unless the player is below the limit just described.

--------------------
Rule 101: Everybody love Pupkin.

IP: Logged
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 12, 2002 02:22 PM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oops, I forgot to add:

This rule does not affect proposals already present in the voting forum at the time that this rule becomes active.

--------------------

sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted October 20, 2002 07:02 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmm.. I agree, it'll make it so that we don't have a huge amount of proposals at vote at one time. We'll be able to catch loopholes easier.
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 21, 2002 10:57 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
's a good point. Does 3 seem like a reasonable number to you?

--------------------

vulture
Member # 20

posted October 21, 2002 01:25 PM      Profile for vulture   Email vulture   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Please drop the addition if it makes no difference.
Just to keep the rules nice and tidy ... [Smile]

sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted October 21, 2002 06:35 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yah, there's already a cover all rule that says no rules can be retroactive.
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted November 01, 2002 08:19 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It does make a difference, and it's not a matter of retroactivity. Retroactive would mean that we have to act as if this rule were already in effect at some time in the past. This rule is just talking about the present, and if at the present time when this rule is enacted, some player has too many proposals in the forum according to the current rules, that's a violation.

--------------------

SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted November 01, 2002 08:20 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just to add... since the person most likely to have this happen to them is me, this is basically a CYA move on my part -- the loophole I just described is exactly the sort of thing Nomic is all about, so I'm trying to avoid exposing myself to it.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nomic Homepage