Newomic forums

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Newomic forums   » Newomic Proposals   » New here, let's liven it up!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New here, let's liven it up!
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 12, 2002 02:02 PM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone, I've made a bunch of posts already but let me just wave a nice hello. Looks like this forum has been deserted for the last month but perhaps some hyperactivity on my part will draw some of you back in. I've got a sheet full of notes for new proposal ideas so I'll post several of them as their own threads. But here I want to bring up a few issues that aren't quite proposal-worthy at this point.

1) I suggest an amendment to rule 105 to the effect that no player may use another's account, or allow his or her account to be used by another person.

2) I suggest that we use the BBS software's polling ability for voting. It's there already, doesn't it work? Why don't we use it? Seems perfect for our needs.

3) I can't get into the admin announcements forum. I would guess that it's supposed to be read-only for regular users, but I'm completely locked out.

4) At some point we need to get around to codifying the status of the administrator. It is problematic that one player has veto power vis-a-vis the ability to indefinitely delay putting a proposal up for vote.

Guess those are all the burning issues... well except for the actual proposals I want to make, but those are other threads. Well, I hope some of you drift back on in here so we can play!

--------------------
Rule 101: Everybody love Pupkin.

IP: Logged
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 12, 2002 02:28 PM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
5) I've noticed that some threads in here become locked when they go to vote, and others don't. I think it would be desirable for them to be locked consistently when moved to voting, so perhaps we need a rule to that effect.

--------------------
Rule 101: Everybody love Pupkin.

IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nomic Homepage