my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Newomic forums   » Newomic Proposals   » Some ideas/proposals

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Some ideas/proposals
Kekse
unregistered

posted August 12, 2002 02:52 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm new to this kind of game but if that's alright I'd like to propose the following:

Amendment to rule #101:

[original text]
All rules will be numbered starting from 101 and rising +1 each time

[amendment proposal]
a new rule is added.
If a rule (rule A) is repealed by explicit order of a new rule all rules below former rule A are decreased by one number to fill up the newly formed gap.

Or is this a technicality that can be regarded as self-understood and being cared for by the admin alone?
------------------------------------
Concerning rule #102:

Shouldn't there be a time factor?
Like "...counts as being accepted in the moment it achieves the needed number of votes..." and "...becomes effective after being added to the latest set of rule on the Newonic webpage by the admin..."
Regarding #105:

Later in the game something should be added sounding like "If a violation against this rule is detected the admin is to propose the erasure of all acounts of the cheating player in a vote.
Such is vote is won by a 50.1% majority"

But right now there is no such problem, thus no need for such a rule.
I also think the role of the admin needs to be specified more clearly:

Title: Admin regulations
Proposal:

(1) sinblox is the admin

(2) All game actions by the admin, unless explicitly legal under the rule list at that time, that are remarked on by a member in the discussion forum are to be voted on.
An action is found illegal by a majority of 66.67% of all valid votes and is to be undone as soon as possible by the admin.
----------------------------------

To sum it up I'd like to put to the vote:
The amendment to #101 and the proposal for the admin regulations.

The rest should be discussed first.

IP: Logged
Kekse
unregistered

posted August 12, 2002 03:20 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I forgot:

The next important step would be to enable a practicable point-rule along with a point-counting system.

That sytem could be a new forum area with a thread for each active player. The admin would then manually update the score of a player each time it changes and a player should post only to remark on a mistake.
An automated system would be better of course but this one would work until it could be replaced by a small program.

As for the point-rule I propose the following idea:
1) A player is awarded points for every succesful rule change he has initiated.

2) To improve quality and to keep a certain pace a player is only allowed to propose one rule change every x days. (I'd think x=4 would be nice.)

3) The number of points that are awarded is established by the following system:
Achieved majority in % = points, rounded down.
(example: 22 active members, 14 agree on proposal, 63.6%, 63 points awarded)

4) The first player to reach or exceed x points wins the game. (I'd propose 1500 for x)

Please discuss...

Kekse
unregistered

posted August 12, 2002 03:24 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I withdraw proposal part 3) of the above idea as it would need a system that forces all active players to vote in a certain period of time.
Help me here...

sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted August 12, 2002 03:35 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello,

For the amend to 101:

I don't think there's a need to fill the gap, it could just get confusing. Repealed rules still carry their same old number they're just considered active.

For the amend to 102:

Yes, I agree. We could probably just create a new rule regarding this.

105:

I agree, a rule should be created for this. I could just provide proof through IPs

Role of the admin:

Agreed, it's very informal right now and we could probably use some clarification.

For a points system:

Yes, we do need a points system. I was thinking of making a currency. I'd like to see some sort of point system soon, anyway.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nomic Homepage