my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Newomic forums   » Newomic Proposals   » Double Proposal: Deregistrations

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Double Proposal: Deregistrations
sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted August 04, 2002 04:40 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Prop 1:

Title: Inactivity Rule
Full Text: If a player does not post on the forums for more than 10 days he/she will automatically be deregistered from the game by the admin.

Prop 2:

Title: Deregistration Rule
Full Text: A player can deregister himself/herself by emailing the admin. His/her account will then be deleted.

--

Seem to be needing these rules so that we don't end up with a lot of extra accounts.

IP: Logged
tuttidog
unregistered

posted August 04, 2002 06:21 PM           Edit/Delete Post
Don't think you have to worry about having too many accounts heh. Yah but sure. Yay and yay.

[ August 04, 2002, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: TuttiDog ]

sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted August 04, 2002 07:24 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
No, I know we won't have a huge amount of users, but if 10/20 are inactive we're going to have a few problems.
Zaius
unregistered

posted August 04, 2002 07:44 PM           Edit/Delete Post
Yay and Yay
Nethound
unregistered

posted August 05, 2002 04:47 AM           Edit/Delete Post
yes and yes
leozh
unregistered

posted August 08, 2002 06:20 PM           Edit/Delete Post
Prop 1:

No

Prop 2:

Yes

minusthink
unregistered

posted August 09, 2002 06:09 PM           Edit/Delete Post
nay and yay.

10 days is too short.

vulture
Member # 20

posted August 11, 2002 04:10 AM      Profile for vulture   Email vulture   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Feel free to rephrase this ... [Smile]

Proposal:

(1) A player shall be in any one of three states: active, inactive, deregistered

(2) Players in state active are labeled "active player", players in state inactive "inactive player", players in state deregistered "deregistered player"

(3) Newly registered players are active players

(4) An active player becomes an inactive player on any of the following conditions:
(a) The player sends mail to the admin stating that he wishes his state changed to inactive
(b) The player doesn´t post on the forum for more than 10 days

(5) An inactive player becomes an active player by posting on the forum

(6) An active or inactive player becomes a deregistered player by sending mail to the admin stating that he wishes to deregister

(7) Deregistered players are deregistered by the admin
[Smile]

vulture
Member # 20

posted August 11, 2002 05:00 AM      Profile for vulture   Email vulture   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Oh, forgot the

Title: Player state

sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted August 11, 2002 11:08 AM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I think vultures proposal makes more sense. I'd like to see it amended to say that inactive players are not included in the overall vote %.

[ August 11, 2002, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: sinblox ]

Nethound
unregistered

posted August 12, 2002 04:20 AM           Edit/Delete Post
Title: Player status
Proposal:

(1) A player shall be in any one of three states: active, inactive, deregistered

(2) Players in state active are labeled "active player", players in state inactive "inactive player", players in state deregistered "deregistered player"

(3) Newly registered players are active players

(4) An active player becomes an inactive player on any of the following conditions:
(a) The player sends mail to the admin stating that he wishes his state changed to inactive
(b) The player doesn´t post on the forum for more than 10 days

(5) An inactive player becomes an active player by posting on the forum

(6) An active or inactive player becomes a deregistered player by sending mail to the admin stating that he wishes to deregister

(7) Deregistered players are deregistered by the admin

(8) Inactive and deregistered players are not counted in calculating the needed number of votes for a proposal.

sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted August 12, 2002 01:01 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
That should be good. I thought for a minute that we may have to amend rule #102 to say "Any active player" rather than "any player" but it says "Any player, unless otherwise specified.." ... inactive is otherwise specified. Agreed?
sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted August 13, 2002 04:37 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Vulture, do you want to take that to voting now?
vulture
Member # 20

posted August 16, 2002 01:01 AM      Profile for vulture   Email vulture   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
What about a player who voted and becomes inactive in the meantime? The vote shouldn´t count or should be considered for the needed votes as in (8). I prefer the second alternative [Smile]
Nethound
unregistered

posted August 16, 2002 06:06 AM           Edit/Delete Post
Because the proposal hasn't been voted on, or even officially satarted now that proposals need to be placed in a different area, you can make any changes you want, as I did, and then put it to a vote.
sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted August 17, 2002 10:09 AM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
If there's no objections from the creator of prop, I can take this to voting now. I'd like to get it up as soon as I can so we can dump all these inactive players and get the game going again.
vulture
Member # 20

posted August 17, 2002 11:16 AM      Profile for vulture   Email vulture   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Ok, just put it up
sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted August 17, 2002 12:28 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Done.

All times are Pacific  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nomic Homepage