Newomic forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Newomic forums   » Newomic Proposals   » Proposing a new rule...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Proposing a new rule...
Zaius
unregistered

posted August 03, 2002 04:35 PM           Edit/Delete Post
According to active rule #102:

Any player, unless otherwise specified may propose a new rule, amend a rule or repeal a rule as long as the proposal to do so receives at least 50.1% of the votes of all the players in the game.

This statement seems to claim that any player may only propose a rule if the proposal to propose receives at least 50.1% of the votes of all the players in the game. In other words any willingness to propose a rule by a player needs to be approved by more than half of the players in the game. Haven't we therefore broken rule #102 by proposing at least 2 rules?

IP: Logged
sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted August 03, 2002 05:45 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zaius:
According to active rule #102:

Any player, unless otherwise specified may propose a new rule, amend a rule or repeal a rule as long as the proposal to do so receives at least 50.1% of the votes of all the players in the game.

This statement seems to claim that any player may only propose a rule if the proposal to propose receives at least 50.1% of the votes of all the players in the game. In other words any willingness to propose a rule by a player needs to be approved by more than half of the players in the game. Haven't we therefore broken rule #102 by proposing at least 2 rules?

Hi,

I see what you mean. Hmm.. 'tis a loophole but not good for anybody.

What we could go about doing is amending that rule since the rules don't require that we have to propose to propose an amendment.

I'll do that now.

sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted August 03, 2002 05:56 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I think the only problem with the rule is the part about proposing to propose, I don't think we have any problems with proposing more than two rules unless you want to really define everything.
Zaius
unregistered

posted August 03, 2002 06:02 PM           Edit/Delete Post
So will you amend rule #102 with or without a vote of approval for the amendment? And I agree with you that the loophole isn't very advantageous to anyone. In any case, IF you were to put a vote up for amending rule #102 I would votes yes [Smile]
Zaius
unregistered

posted August 03, 2002 06:29 PM           Edit/Delete Post
Oh and by the way, when I mentioned the two proposals, I was just pointing out that we had already "broken" the rule twice. I had no intention of wanting to make/amend/remove any rule relating to the number of proposals allowed.
sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted August 03, 2002 09:09 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
No, shouldn't need to since it's an amendment and only new proposals for rules need to be voted on twice.

Anyway, that amendment I posted earlier should fix everything, a yes vote will fix everything.

sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted August 03, 2002 08:00 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
This has been taken care of with that amendment. Thanks.

All times are Pacific  
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nomic Homepage