my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Newomic forums   » Newomic Proposals   » Proposal: Numbering Proposals

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Proposal: Numbering Proposals
tps12
unregistered

posted August 01, 2002 09:36 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Numbers are assigned on passage of a proposal, and anyone who votes for a proposal with numbers already in it loses by default.
IP: Logged
sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted August 01, 2002 09:39 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think this should just be amended to "Numbers are assigned upon passage of a rule."

Anyones added by the person who puts it up will just be nullified.

But, your decision.

tps12
unregistered

posted August 01, 2002 09:46 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I vote in favor of this proposal.

I mean that I vote in favor of the original proposal, not the variation.

[ August 03, 2002, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: tps12 ]

sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted August 01, 2002 09:48 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To the proposal with my amendment, you mean? or without?

please clarify

aleph
unregistered

posted August 02, 2002 11:13 AM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
so if a proposal is passed, it is assigned a number, but until then only is referred to by its title? im not sure i understand this one yet.
sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted August 02, 2002 01:16 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
aleph, exactly what you said [Smile] but it's pretty useless anyway.. my votes nay for it and the variation.

[ August 02, 2002, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: sinblox ]

tps12
unregistered

posted August 03, 2002 10:22 AM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The idea is that proposals are given numbers only when they are passed by vote. If someone writes a proposal with a number already assigned to it, then he or she may be trying to prejudice voters into accepting it as a rule already.

To discourage this type of behavior, such proposals should immediately fail. The two ways of accomplishing this are disqualifying those who write proposals numbered to look like valid rules, or disqualifying those who vote for such proposals. The advantage of the second approach is that proposals may be debated, amended, and un-numbered. And, of course, the person making the proposal gets a second chance.

tuttidog
unregistered

posted August 04, 2002 02:23 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sounds fine to me.

Yay for the original proposal.

sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted August 04, 2002 04:30 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yay for the original prop? What?

This prop disqualifies people for a small mistake. It makes no sense in the first place either, really.

tuttidog
unregistered

posted August 04, 2002 06:23 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just to keep it a little better organized. They don't have to be booted from the game, they can just edit their proposal so it complies with the numbering system.
sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted August 04, 2002 07:22 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, the prop declares the person a loser.
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 12, 2002 01:39 PM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good eye on that one. This proposal is just begging to be turned into a nasty loophole later on when nobody expects it. I would not support it.

--------------------
Rule 101: Everybody love Pupkin.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nomic Homepage