[Nomic02] [P] robotfindsflyingkitten

Adam Biltcliffe nomic02@wurb.com
Wed, 28 May 2003 01:05:12 +0100

I note that both Non-Introspective Robot [jwalrus] and Automated Automaton
[Psmith] are ratifiable now, but having seen how we're currently treating
the robot and kitten, thought I'd make the following
counter-counter-proposal:

robotfindsflyingkitten [jwalrus]

Remove Rule 156.

Enact the following rule:

  The active player may, during his or her turn, take at most two
  of the following actions (either two different or the same action
  twice):
  * Cause the kitten to fly to a room randomly selected from the
    list of rooms to which it would be possible for the kitten
    to fly, excluding its current location.
  * Optionally move the robot, and cause the robot to examine an
    entity randomly selected from the list of entities which are
    not the robot and whose locations are equal to the robot's
    (possibly new) location. If the examination is not completed,
    no movement will occur.