[Nomic02] Proposal: some re-runs

Dylan O'Donnell nomic02@wurb.com
Fri, 2 May 2003 21:50:05 +0100

With the lapsing of Bang!-Bag [Jota] earlier today, we have no
proposals under consideration for the first time in the game. Here are
some reruns of other players' proposals from the last month or two
that I feel still have some legs, with the occasional tweak or fix by
me.

A proposal for one new room and one new rule:

  /dev/null [Psmith]

  Add a room named /dev/null to the map.

  No token's location can be /dev/null. Whenever a token's location
  would become /dev/null, it will instead be removed from the game.

A proposal for one new Dark Gift.

  Further Assault and Battery [Psmith]

  SURFACE-TO-AIR MISSILE BATTERY: If a room is the location of a player
  with a Surface-To-Air Missile Battery, no other player may consider
  that room connected to any other room at all for the purposes of
  flying, unless the former player has posted to the List within the
  previous 24 hours to say that they will permit the flying player to
  do so.

A proposal for one new rule:

  Throwing a Bone [Psmith]

  The first player to accrue two hundred and fifty points will be
  considered to achieve "First Honours". If multiple players reach this
  number of brownie points simultaneously, each will be considered to
  achieve "Shared Honours".

A proposal for one new rule:

  Imp Magnetism [Psmith]

  A player carrying the Bottle Imp may not take any voluntary action
  that as a possible immediate consequence could cause the Bottle Imp's
  location to change.

A proposal for one new token and one new rule:

  Bang!-Bang! [Psmith]

  Create a prize token and time bomb, with name "esploding cigar",
  initial location Blasted Heath, initial destination Iraq, value 4, and
  initial delay five days.

  If at any time no esploding cigar exists, the active player may create
  one as an action. Its name, location, destination, and value will be
  the same as those of the esploding cigar to have most recently
  existed, except that if this would cause it to be removed immediately
  from the game, its location will instead be Blasted Heath. Its delay
  will be one day shorter than that of the esploding cigar to have most
  recently existed. If this would result in a non-positive delay, the
  action may not be taken.

--
:  Dylan O'Donnell                     http://www.spod-central.org/~psmith/  :
:  "Peek-a-boo, I can't see you, everything must be grand;                   :