[Nomic02] [P] More dark gifts

Dylan O'Donnell nomic02@wurb.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:19:04 +0000

Adam Biltcliffe wrote:

> >I don't think so. It's like the personal teleporter, but
> >restricted to teleporting you to those rooms that are connected
> >to your current location; and it doesn't use up your "move"
> >allocation for the turn (so, you can still move, teleport, or
> >bus, but _not_ invoke "xyzzy"). Nothing should break there.
>
> Aye, then. I notice it's possible to fly into your current location, but I
> can't see any negative consequences of this. Specifically, my
> interpretation is that you would not score any brownie points for doing so
> as your location has not changed.

Yipes, I skipped right over the double "connected to". That _does_ seem
a little too powerful for my liking, if you can reach somewhere three
rooms away on your turn (flight then movement). I change my vote to nay,
and counterpropose:

  Flight Delay [Psmith]

  Add a dark gift named Flight:
  In any situation where the rules permit a player to move him or
  herself voluntarily, a player with Flight may instead fly.  Flying
  consists of changing one's location to a room connected to a room
  that is connected to one's current location. Although this action
  is not movement in itself, the player is, for the rest of that turn,
  considered to have already moved in that turn.

(And I'd say you _can't_ fly to your current location, since that's
not "changing one's location".)

--
:  Dylan O'Donnell                     http://www.spod-central.org/~psmith/  :
:            "Zao bi ercio pase e garst nith dus carab olet paro             :