[Nomic02] [P] Omnibus Tune-Up

Carl Muckenhoupt nomic02@wurb.com
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:49:25 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Admiral Jota wrote:

> Nay, since baf doesn't like quick and dirty solutions to things.

Now that's just childish.

But it's worth noting that jwalrus' concern that prompted him to change
his vote is not founded.  The immediate crisis has passed.  There is
currently no one in the room with the Omnibus, so no one can use it on
their next turn, and I'd be very surprised if the Bubble still existed by
the time anyone gets a chance to use it.  So we do have time to debate the
best way of handling this, rather than simply supporting Omnibus Tune-Up
out of fear of being caught unprepared.

I am swayed by Jota's example of a possible future rule that conflicts
with Rule 50, but is not covered by Move Means Move.  However, I am also
offended by your snarky attitude and alarmed by what seems to be an
attempt to take my proposal hostage.  Even if Omnibus Tune-Up passes, I
see value in Move Means Move; Rule 26 was never intended to apply to
things like actions of the Omnibus, and the fact that it does as it stands
is an error worth correcting.

I am willing to be reasonable.  Jota, I will change my "nay" vote on
Omnibus Tune-Up [jota] if you apologize.  I'm not even asking for you to
change your vote on Move Means Move; just apologize for the comment
appended to the nay, and I'll change my vote, and then you can consider
the proposal on its merits rather than vetoing it out of pique.