[Nomic02] Personal prize tokens

Dylan O'Donnell nomic02@wurb.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:19:34 +0000

Carl Muckenhoupt wrote:
> A rule proposal:
> Personal prize tokens [baf]
> Once per turn, the active player may create one prize token by posting an
> announcement of its creation, including the values of all the token's
> required properties.  A token created in this way does not grant brownie
> points to its creator as a result of being dropped in its destination, but
> is a normal prize token in all other respects.
>
> (Motivation for this rule: It gives us a way to manipulate each
> other.  For example, we could use this to create motivations for other
> players to leave the vicinity of the Dot-Com Bubble.)

While a good idea in general, I'm not all that happy about the economy
being inflated by individual action rather than unanimous consent.
Shouldn't the creating player lose the brownie points that he's
putting into the prize?  (Or, at least, half of them, or some such
scaling value?)

--
:  Dylan O'Donnell                     http://www.spod-central.org/~psmith/  :
:            "Senseless property destruction has failed me, and so           :