[Nomic02] four new rules: omnibus and fallback locations

Adam Biltcliffe nomic02@wurb.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:52:04 -0000

I hereby announce the ratification of the proposals "Magic Omnibus II
[jwalrus]", "Bus Fare [jwalrus]", "Indentured [jwalrus]" and "Emergency
Escape Capsule [jwalrus]". "Bus Fare [jwalrus]" was implicitly approved by
me and explicitly approved by all other players; the remaining three
proposals were implicitly approved by me and Roger and explictly approved
by the other three players.

The following four rules shall therefore come into effect one hour from the
timestamp on this message:

 Rule 50. There shall exist an entity called the Magic Omnibus which has a
location on the map. The initial location of the Magic Omnibus shall be the
House of Commons. Once per turn, the active player may announce that the
Magic Omnibus is being used to transport the active player or the active
player's servant (but not both), if their location is the same as that of
the Omnibus, to any other location (unless the Magic Omnibus is prohibited
from stopping there). When this happens, the location of both the Omnibus
and the being being transported is changed to the new location. The Magic
Omnibus may not be used if the passenger has moved in the same turn and the
passenger may not be moved by any other means in the same turn after using
the Magic Omnibus.

 Rule 51. When the Magic Omnibus is used to transport a player or servant
the active player shall lose five brownie points. A player who has less
than five brownie points may not use the Magic Omnibus.

 Rule 52. If a servant's location ceases to exist or is removed from the
game, then its location will be set to the Servants' Quarters.

 Rule 53. If the location of anything in the game ceases to exist or is
removed from the game, then the location of that thing will be set to
Saturn unless otherwise specified.

For administrative convenience I shall mention that the only change to the
gamestate resulting from these proposals other than the addition of these
four rules to the list of rules is that the Magic Omnibus now has a
location, which is the House of Commons.

jw