[Nomic02] Slowing things down

Adam Biltcliffe nomic02@wurb.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:37:34 -0000

> Changes are being made way too fast for me to keep track of them
> in a timely manner and still do other stuff, like look for work.
> I had hoped that things would be easier if I just stopped making
> new proposals for a while, but I'm still committed to updating
> the web site with proposals from the rest of you.  So I'm going
> to make a rule proposal:
>
> Slow Down [Carl Muckenhoupt]
> No player may propose changes to the rules while another proposal
> to change the rules by the same player is still under
> consideration.

I think you're entirely right that the game needs to slow down a little;
but I'm not sure that this is the best solution. For one thing, under the
current wording, only changes which affect the rules are affected; I can
still propose changes to the map, the very things you've said you want to
avoid, without restriction.

It seems as though it might be worth issuing an informal "slow down!"
request and seeing whether that has any effect on the game over the next
day or two. I'm enjoying the game, but it does feel as if posts are coming
in fast enough that I could do nothing but sit here and play Nomic for the
next three hours, and I don't think it'd hurt to take it a bit easier for a
while.

Note that I've not formally voted one way or another on your proposal.

jw