[Nomic02] servant clarification

Dylan O'Donnell nomic02@wurb.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:10:04 +0000

Adam Biltcliffe wrote:
> >A. Each servant is to have a name and a species.
> >B. Players are expected to specify the name and species of their servant
> >   either within within 72 hours from the time this rule takes effect or
> >   within 72 hours of when they join the game, whichever is later.
>
> To clarify, my interpretation of this rule would be that as it does not
> specify an earliest time at which servants may be named, those of us who
> named our servants before the actual ratification of this rule have still
> done so and need not do so again. Does everyone else agree?

Since servants didn't exist until this rule came into effect, any
post giving a name and species for them could only have been an
expression of intent, I think, rather than fulfulling the requirement
of this rule.

And, since I haven't yet:

My servant is called "Gideon Crawle". He is a steward.

--
:  Dylan O'Donnell                     http://www.spod-central.org/~psmith/  :
:            "Senseless property destruction has failed me, and so           :