[Nomic02] proposal: Public Eye [jwalrus]

Dylan O'Donnell nomic02@wurb.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 19:06:58 +0000

Dylan O'Donnell wrote:
> Admiral Jota wrote:
> > On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Dylan O'Donnell wrote:
> >
> > > Active Voice [Psmith]
> > >
> > >   A change to the state of the game which is described as being
> > >   an "action" or "voluntary" may be effected by the relevant
> > >   player posting intent to make that change to the list. In the
> > >   absence of other restrictions, such an action may be taken at
> > >   any time.
> >
> > Big nay. Some rules (or proposed rules) allow actions when stating when
> > they *may* be taken, with no specific clauses to prohibit them from being
> > taken at times when they haven't been authorized. Active Voice would
> > effectively authorize those actions to take place at any time, defeating
> > the point of those earlier rules.
>
> "Once each turn" is a restrictive clause,

Since there's apparently disagreement on that, I declare this proposal
dead, and propose:

Active Voice II [Psmith]

  A change to the state of the game which is described as being an "action"
  or "voluntary" may be effected by the relevant player posting intent
  to make that change to the list. In the absence of any other indication
  when such an action may be taken, it may be taken at any time.

--
:  Dylan O'Donnell                     http://www.spod-central.org/~psmith/  :
:            "Senseless property destruction has failed me, and so           :