[Nomic02] proposal: Public Eye [jwalrus]

Dylan O'Donnell nomic02@wurb.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:47:53 +0000

Admiral Jota wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Dylan O'Donnell wrote:
>
> > Active Voice [Psmith]
> >
> >   A change to the state of the game which is described as being an "action"
> >   or "voluntary" may be effected by the relevant player posting intent
> >   to make that change to the list. In the absence of other restrictions,
> >   such an action may be taken at any time.
>
> Big nay. Some rules (or proposed rules) allow actions when stating when
> they *may* be taken, with no specific clauses to prohibit them from being
> taken at times when they haven't been authorized. Active Voice would
> effectively authorize those actions to take place at any time, defeating
> the point of those earlier rules.

"Once each turn" is a restrictive clause, and each rule or proposed
rule that I can see that wants to restrict action-taking in this way
does so. Are there any other cases of actions which we don't want
happening at any time?

--
:  Dylan O'Donnell                     http://www.spod-central.org/~psmith/  :
:            "Senseless property destruction has failed me, and so           :