[Nomic02] proposal: Public Eye [jwalrus]

Adam Biltcliffe nomic02@wurb.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:09:08 -0000

> I don't see what's so bad about including "by posting intent to do so".
> We have several ways of changing game state: by unanimous agreement, by
> sectional consent, by individual action, by automatic occurrence. Making
> it clear in each case which this is seems a good idea to me.

Ok, in that case I'll declare my own proposal, "Public Eye [jwalrus]",
dead, pursuant to Psmith's nay vote.

> (I'd support a proposal that defined "action" as "something that requires
> posting intent", however.)

I'd happily do so too, but I don't currently see why we need a definition
of "action".

I'll also declare the proposal "Magic Omnibus [jwalrus]", which was vetoed
by Psmith, dead and propose the following eerily-familiar replacement:

Magic Omnibus II [jwalrus]
"There shall exist an entity called the Magic Omnibus which has a location
on the map. The initial location of the Magic Omnibus shall be the House of
Commons. Once per turn, the active player may announce that the Magic
Omnibus is being used to transport the active player or the active player's
servant (but not both), if their location is the same as that of the
Omnibus, to any other location (unless the Magic Omnibus is prohibited from
stopping there). When this happens, the location of both the Omnibus and
the being being transported is changed to the new location. The Magic
Omnibus may not be used if the passenger has moved in the same turn and the
passenger may not be moved by any other means in the same turn after using
the Magic Omnibus."

jw