[Nomic02] Active Player

Adam Biltcliffe nomic02@wurb.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:03:40 -0000

> Given that the rules (which are in the game state) don't have
> their timestamps attached, I don't feel it's necessary, but I
> wouldn't be opposed to it being added, either as a separate rule
> or a repalcement for this proposition.

True, but once a rule is in effect the time at which it became so is no
longer relevant to the game. Given that the point at which the active
player began their turn does have an effect on the game (as their turn will
end 24 hours later), it falls under what I would consider to be information
pertaining to the current state of the game. By the same token, the time at
which a given player last posted to the list also ought to be part of the
state of the game.

jw