[Nomic02] proposal

Dylan O'Donnell nomic02@wurb.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:35:10 +0000

Adam Biltcliffe wrote:
> --On 20 January 2003 10:16 am +0000 Dylan O'Donnell
> <psmith@spod-central.org> wrote:
>
> >If You Have To Ask, You Can't Afford It [Psmith]:
> >
> >  Any tally may be either positive, negative, or zero. A player
> >  may not take an action by posting individual intent if as a
> >  possible immediate consequence it could cause:
> >  i)  a currently non-negative tally associated with that player
> >      to become negative, or
> >  ii) a currently negative tally associated with that player to
> >      decrease further.
> >  [...]
>
> My only concern with this is the definition of "possible immediate
> consequence". Taking a particularly contrived example, if Jota has the
> Magic Leech which steals brownie points from a player when they enter the
> same room as him, no-one else would be able to enter his room.

... unless they can afford to be stolen from. Right, that's how I intend
it to be.

(I would assume that any proposal creating an actual Magic Leech would
specify that it can't steal what's not there to be stolen, however, in
the way that Bus Fare [jwalrus] did for payment and I overlooked.)

--
:  Dylan O'Donnell                     http://www.spod-central.org/~psmith/  :
:            "Senseless property destruction has failed me, and so           :