[Nomic02] Brownie points for proposals

Adam Biltcliffe nomic02@wurb.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:22:12 -0000

--On 20 January 2003 11:08 am -0500 Admiral Jota <jota@shelltown.net> wrote:

> I'm going to have to vote nay here, on the premise that it could
> break down the cooperative aspects of rule-building and, and I'm
> rather enjoying the cooperative aspects of rule-building.

I'm voting nay also, on the grounds that under this proposal, it's to a
player's advantage to make as many pointless proposals as possible since
there's no penalty for them not passing and if any do pass they're worth
points. The only way around that would be to introduce penalties for failed
proposals, which I don't want to see.

On the grounds that Jota is also opposed and that even the original
proponent has expressed misgivings, I shall declare this proposal dead.

jw