[Nomic02] Map movement

Adam Biltcliffe nomic02@wurb.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:10:53 -0000

>> At any moment, one player is "active", and it is the active player's
>> turn. Turns end after 24 hours, or when the active player posts the
>> words "Next turn", or when the active player is removed from the game,
>> whichever comes first.  When a turn ends, the next active player is the
>> player whose name comes next in alphabetical order (by surname, using
>> the names by which players are known in this game), or if there is no
>> such player, the first player in alphabetical order.  When this rule
>> goes into effect, the first player in alphabetical order will become
>> active.

Ok, having heard everyone's responses I'll say "aye" to this.

> Any two rooms whose names, ignoring any articles ("the", "an", and "a"),
> share at least three distinct consonants (letters of the English alphabet
> not including "a", "e", "i", "o", or "u") will be considered to be
> connected.

Having discussed this with Jota on ifMUD, we're both of the opinion that
the map resulting from this is too highly connected. Jota has an
alternative suggestion which I believe he's about to post either now or
once the proposal allowing changes to the map has passed. So: Nay.

>> Once per turn, the active player may move him/herself by posting
>> intention to do so.

Aye.