[Nomic02] a vague attempt at summarising

Carbol, Roger nomic02@wurb.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:26:33 -0700

> I'm going to be a strict constructionist here. =20

In my experience, this only leads to madness.

What is a 'player'?  What is a 'vote'?  What
is 'English'?  Can we define these things in
some manner that isn't, eventually, circular?

But, hey, give it a shot if you want.  I won't
prima facie vote against anything that defines=20
any of those terms.

(Reference to 'real' law:  At least one person
has challenged Canadian tax law on the basis
that it never defines what a 'dollar' is, nor
is that defined anywhere else in the corpus
of law.  He lost.)

.. Roger ..

NOTICE::
This communication is intended ONLY for the use of the person or entity =
named above and may contain information that is confidential or legally =
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient named above or a =
person responsible for delivering messages or communications to the =
intended recipient, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that any use, distribution, =
or copying of this communication or any of the information contained in =
it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in =
error, please notify us immediately by telephone and then destroy or =
delete this communication, or return it to us by mail if requested by =
us. The City of Calgary thanks you for your attention and cooperation.