[Nomic02] Formal proposals

Carl Muckenhoupt nomic02@wurb.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:40:03 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Admiral Jota wrote:

> In light of Rule 10, I'm going to formally propose the suggestions that
> have been made, but have neither been ratified nor vetoed at this point:

OK.  I think that this make you the proposer for the purposes of Rule 10,
even for those rules initially suggested by other people.

>   A. Players may be added to the game by unanimous consent.
Aye.

>   B. Any player with three demerits will automatically be removed entirely
>      from the state of the game.
This has already passed, as Rule 11, has it not?  Nay.

>   C. Any player may leave the game at any time by posting intention to do
>      so.
Aye.  Although, as with "demerit", I'm unhappy about using terms like
"list" and "post" that are part of rules that haven't passed.

>      game, and will be refered to as The List. To "post" something is to
>      send it to the list. Any player who does not post for a week (that
>      is, a seven-day period of non-posting following their latest post,
>      counted from the time of day the last post was made) will incur one
>      demerit. Further week-long delays, counted from the latest invocation
>      of this rule, will each incur one additional demerit.
Aye.  Although I'd prefer two separate rules:
   game, and will be refered to as The List. To "post" something is to
   send it to the list.
B. Any player who does not post for a week (that
   is, a seven-day period of non-posting following their latest post,
   counted from the time of day the last post was made) will incur one
   demerit. Further week-long delays, counted from the latest invocation
   of this rule, will each incur one additional demerit.
Consider this a proposal.

>   B. The game contains a map, consisting of rooms, one of which is called
>      "the Lounge". All players have a location on the map which is
>      initially the Lounge. The map and any information about the location
>      of anything on it shall be considered part of the state of the game.

Aye.  In light of complaints about the use of the word "lounge", I'd be
happy to accept a different name for the initial location - say, "West of
House", or "Attic", or "Under the High Wall (on a resting)".