[Nomic02] Some rule suggestions

Carl Muckenhoupt nomic02@wurb.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:35:51 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 amgb2@cam.ac.uk wrote:

> Jota and I are currently attempting to move away from the use of majority
> rule decisions anyway.

The proposal about I was commenting on seems to me to not be dependent in
any way on majority rule.  As long as there is some mechanism for making
changes of the rules (or, more generally, the state of the game), the idea
that the changes need to be announced before they take effect is a good
one.  And I think it should be kept separate from the processes for
passing said changes, so it will still apply if those processes change,
and so it will automatically apply to any new process that get adopted.

> Perhaps a better rule might be "if at any time there are only two
> players remaining in the game, and one of them loses, the other shall be
> deemed to have won"?

If there's one player left, he can simply pass a rule stating "I win".
So any single-player win condition seems unnecessary.  Single-player lose
conditions, now...