[Nomic02] Some rule suggestions (fwd)

Adam Biltcliffe nomic02@wurb.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:01:15 -0000

--On 15 January 2003 8:46 am -0500 Admiral Jota <jota@shelltown.net> wrote:

>      Any player may post a proposal for a change which requires the
>      unanimous agreement of all players. All other players may vote "aye"
>      or "nay" in response to the proposal by posting this vote to the
>      list. Any player may change his or her vote on a proposal until such
>      time as the voting is complete. The proposer is assumed to cast an
>      initial "aye" (but may change it, like any other vote). Any player
>      who hasn't voted on a particular proposal within the first 72 hours
>      is assumed to have voted "aye", but may change that vote up until the
>      proposal is officially ratified or removed from consideration. If at
>      any point any player has voted against a particular proposal, then
>      any other player (including other "nay" voters) may declare it to be
>      dead, and removed from consideration. If at any point all players
>      have voted in favour of a particular proposal (either by voting "aye"
>      or failing to vote within the alloted 72 hours), the original
>      proposer may declare it to be ratified by posting a message
>      containing the text of the proposal, a summary of the votes on it,
>      and the time it will come into effect: the issue under consideration
>      is considered to have been unanimously agreed by all players after a
>      period of one hour from the time of this posting has elapsed.

Aye.

> Sounds fair to me. But what if there are three players, and two lose
> simultaneously? Also, this would probably require that being demerited out
> counts as a loss.

Ok, so: "If the number of players in the game is ever reduced to one by an
action other than a voluntary departure, the remaining player shall be
deemed to have won."

>> Ok. It'd be nice if we could find a phrasing which would avoid having to
>> write "this is part of the state of the game" every time the map is
>> mentioned, though.
>
> It'd only have to be mentioned once, in the rule that defines it as such.

Ok, my proposed revision for baf's VI.A: "The game contains a map,
consisting of rooms, one of which is called "the Lounge". All players have
a location on the map which is initially the Lounge. The map and any
information about the location of anything on it shall be considered part
of the state of the game."

jw