[Nomic02] [P] Dark Gifts

Carl Muckenhoupt nomic02@wurb.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:20:00 -0500 (EST)

Since there is are multiple ideas of what the Bottle Imp's benefits should
be, I think it is a good idea to let everyone simply choose what extra
powers they want.  Since I have recently played Blood Omen 2, I will call
this proposal:

Dark Gifts [baf]
Enact four rules:

A. The state of the game will contain a list of Dark Gifts.  Dark Gifts
are special powers that may be attached to players, and each Dark Gift
must have a name and a description of its effects.  No player has any Dark
Gifts initially.  When a Dark Gift conflicts with the rules, the Dark Gift
takes priority.

B. If the active player has not performed any actions on the current turn,
he/she may obtain a Dark Gift by "metamorphosing".  Metamorphosing is an
action, and must involve posting a clear statement of which Dark Gift is
being obtained.

C. No player may have more than one Dark Gift.  A player who
metamorphoses automatically abandons any Dark Gift they already have.

D. Dark Gifts may be added by unanimous agreement.

I won't make any formal proposals for specific Dark Gifts until the above
proposal (or something similar) passes, but some obvious ideas are:
- Wealth: Gain brownie points automatically over time
- Haste: Move twice per turn
- Strength: Steal when evenly matched (ie, player can steal from player
without help of servants)
- Vigilance: Cannot be stolen from
- Stealth: Ignore effects of High Security Areas and/or Tolls.
- Freedom: Ignore rules restricting movement
- Blasting: Can create time bombs