[Nomic02] Proposal: It's Time!

Dylan O'Donnell nomic02@wurb.com
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 00:23:52 +0000

Carl Muckenhoupt wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Dylan O'Donnell wrote:
>
> > The current time shall be considered part of the state of the game.
> > Reasonable divergence of clocks shall not be considered to be deception
> > about the current state of the game; however, if there is disagreement,
> > the system clock of the wurb.com mailserver shall be considered to be
> > authoritative. The current time may be expressed in terms of whichever
> > timezone a player wishes.
>
> I'm going to give this a nay.  While it may be a good idea to establish an
> authoritative time standard, making that standard something under the
> control of one of the players is a temptation to abuse.

Hmm. I could make it "any clock synched by NTP to an atomic
timeserver", if that'd help. If this applies to mail.wurb.com in its
normal operation, so much the better.

--
:  Dylan O'Donnell                     http://www.spod-central.org/~psmith/  :
:   "You boil it in sawdust: you salt it in glue: /  You condense it with    :