[Nomic02] [P] Soup and Sandwich (Was: Another Prize Proposal)

Dylan O'Donnell nomic02@wurb.com
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 22:47:28 +0000

Admiral Jota wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Carbol, Roger wrote:
>
> > Name: The Bus Driver's Lunchbox
>
> Since this wasn't really formally proposed, and since there were some
> loose ends to it (discussed on the MUD), I'm going to try proposing a more
> technical and complete version of that based on the #nomic discussion, in
> the form of four rules:
>
> Soup and Sandwiches [Jota]

Nay. A yet more technical and complete version, which attempts
to cope with its being dropped by non-voluntary means (esploding
bombs, being hit by a pie, etc; result is no points awarded, but
no teleporting Lunchbox):

Soup and Sandwiches II [Psmith]
A proposal for the creation of one token, and the addition of three rules.

I. A prize token shall be created with the name "The Bus Driver's
   Lunchbox". Its initial location will be Zrblm. Its initial
   destination will be the current location of the Magic Omnibus at the
   time the token is created. Its initial value will be 0.

II. To voluntarily drop The Bus Driver's Lunchbox at its destination,
    the active player must i) roll a die: the value of the token for
    the purpose of awarding brownie points will be the result of this
    roll; and ii) choose a room by random selection from the list of
    all rooms not including the one it is being dropped in. Immediately
    after it has been dropped and points awarded, its value will revert
    to 0, and its location will be changed to the chosen room.

III. The size (in sides) of the die to be used to determine the value of
     The Bus Driver's Lunchbox will be associated with that token. This
     size will initially be 18. After each time it's rolled, its size will
     be set to the size of the next smaller available die. If no such
     smaller die is available, the token will cease to exist.

IV. If at any time the destination of The Bus Driver's Lunchbox and the
    location of the Magic Omnibus are not the same room, the
    destination of The Bus Driver's Lunchbox will immediately be set
    equal to the location of the Magic Omnibus.

> Note that, so as not to conflict with earlier rules, a player delivering
> the token still must name a destination for it. (That destination is just
> immediately overridden if it's not the location of the Omnibus.)

_May_ name a destination; if they don't, nothing particularly bad
happens.

--
:  Dylan O'Donnell                     http://www.spod-central.org/~psmith/  :
:   "You boil it in sawdust: you salt it in glue: /  You condense it with    :